Sunday, August 25, 2013

Who wants to see what's in Kat's Kloset?

Here it is, Stylewise Guys & fellow Fashionistas--by popular demand: the contents of the real Kat's Kloset.

By demand, I mean that I've lost count of how many times I've heard: "I'd love to raid your closet!" from a friend, co-worker, family member, etc.

Access is limited, and as most gals will attest, maintaining an air of mystery is paramount. I won't have the time (nor most readers the patience) for a garment by garment show and tell, so let's just go with nuts and bolts.
How much is really in there? I hope you're sitting down!


Here's the list and it's.....errrr.....prodigious (copious? As I continue arriving at using terms ending is "us", I'm beginning to fear I have enough clothing for two women):
58 dresses
6 blazers
9 cardigans
7 sweaters
15 'sleeved' blouses
19 sleeveless blouses (better for wearing jackets/cardigans/sweaters, since there's no sleeve to bunch up)
6 pairs of jeans
4 pairs of trousers
2 suits
18 skirts
12 tanks (great layering pieces for low necklines or just for a cold day)

That's just for the body--across three large wheeled plastic tubs that slide under the bed there are no less than:
26 (heels/pumps/wedges)
3 pairs of flats
&
4 pairs of boots (2 flat/2 heeled)

Whew! Quite a list there huh?  Now for the best part: I love every piece I own, and I wear everything I own (obviously with the logical exceptions--this being summer I'm not really sporting pants/boots/sweaters as much as dresses to avoid dying of heat stroke).

I'm finding not many people can say they have as much fun with their closet as they should. Since we've already established we send a message with whatever it is we wear, good or bad, whether we like it or not, why not have fun?
Or to expand to a broader plain (not to get too deep on you here)--everything living dies, and if you know Death is an eventuality that's impossible to escape, why not enjoy what you have--now?
Why do we wait to buy what makes us feel good....till we lose that extra 5 or 10 pounds?
......till we have a reason to wear that special dress or suit?
Worst of all:
......till it's too late to enjoy being the person we wanted to be in this life?

I don't know about you kids, but I'm in this Life to have fun, no matter what I do, so--my advice?
When you open your closet, dressers, whatever it is, choose carefully. Whatever you're doing that day, dress the part and do it well!
If you're a girl and you've gotta chase the kids today at the park, put on the prettiest flat Roman sandal you can find and make like Mercury, Goddess! (People will wonder who that ethereal picture of maternal beauty is, chasing a child through the sunlight laughing, hair bouncing while she holds up the edge of her maxi-dress--stunning.)
Guys, won't it be a reason to chuckle to yourself after the third girl at the bar compliments that silk bowling shirt and straw fedora, while your buddies wonder why YOU'RE getting all the attention? (Not to worry, fellas--coming soon to Kat's Kloset, an easy to follow style list for this coming Fall, just for the Gents. You really want the attention, and best of all, the added confidence of being the best dressed dude? The key is to make it look like you did not try, so don't try--let Kat lay it out for you--call it "Fly on the Fly".)

We all woke up this morning, and at some point, had to get dressed--look down. Are you happy, and does this ensemble also meet your everyday needs? Both factors should always be present together.
Myself, for example--currently, I'm typing this with the same ponytail in the above pic, and the robe has been swapped for my favorite pair of dark-wash denim and a satin tank. If I threw on a pair of strappy heels and some dangly earrings with a pair of big Jackie O.-inspired sunnies, I'd be ready for some casuals drinks out with friends. (As it is, I'm about to go down to the garden to enjoy the afternoon sunshine, so just some flats, the same sunnies and I'm there. Oooh--and some iced tea......)

Fashion should always be functional in addition to making us look our best. Every piece in my closet supports every aspect of my life as I want it to be, and that's how your closet should function for you as well, man or woman!
I have nice dresses, blouses, skirts, blazers and endless options for the office.
I have 5 evening dresses of varying occasion level--no matter how spur-of-the-moment the invite, I'm ready.
I have enough denim (and as some of you have seen, even overalls) for working outside, along with a selection of tanks and tees. Most of you know I live out in the country, so having to wrastle a goat or feed a chicken is sometimes warranted--even for a Diva like myself. So, to very concisely answer the question--what is in Kat's Kloset? EVERYTHING I NEED!
No matter the occasion, be prepared......and if you need some assistance, you know how to find me.
(Sign up for Google+, and you can reach out!)

That's all for now fellow Fashionistas and StyleWise Guys--till next time, what's in YOUR closet?



      


No comments:

Post a Comment