Sunday, August 11, 2013

I went in to Ulta on Saturday for the butter London event, and it was a total BLAST!

I'm glad I got there early, around 10am because by 1025am, the place was literally packed! Every chair was taken and the nail polish stations were all abuzz--mostly because the rich colors had caught the eye of some teenaged fledgling fashionistas. They weren't the only ones--I almost squealed when I saw all the eyeshadow and lipstick colors laid out.

First off, I met my makeup artist Charissa, who was amazing. Not only did she make sure she asked what I was into, but when I told her this makeup would need to make it to a night out, she took special attention to the application.

I told Charissa I was feeling adventurous, so we went with a gold cream shadow--I already own one like it, so it was not a part of my final purchase--what was ended up as a total surprise: Navy blue eyeliner.

I had avoided some of the wilder hues in eyeliners and mascaras; we've all seen the girl that can't do her makeup quite right and ends up looking like the 80's attacked her face. I never would have thought navy eyeliner would look good, so when she suggested it, I reminded myself that a part of doing this blog is having new experiences with style, and sharing them with the world. (I'm all about broadened horizons--you should never stop learning.) So, I trusted my makeup artist and went with the flow--I'm so glad I did!

All in all, it was an amazing experience, not to mention, I'm in absolute L-O-V-E with butter's line now (that's left lower case in their packaging, only the London part is uppercase--I'm just attempting to be true to their chosen image *grin*)

The cosmetics are free of all the baddies--more specifically, in the polishes there is no Formaldehyde (gag), no Toluene (a solvent....definitely has no business on human skin), and no DBP--no carcinogens. If you have a little girl that loves your nail polish, you don't have to wonder what's going onto her lil' piggies.

My final purchases ended up being the navy eyeliner (I had a lot of positive feedback about it's effect on my eye color), a pink cream shadow called Pink Pistol (a blendable, long wearing shade that reminds me of ballerina slippers), and the best color blush I've ever used on my skin called Naughty Biscuit (and yes, I absolutely j'adore these names), and lastly, a free gift! A cute little clear make-up bag with a curved file, a nail polish and Lippy gloss, both in a shimmery nude shade called Hen Party:


Here's a pic of the final product--the navy eyeliner is still a surprise to me!:
Once it was time to go out, I opted for a black jersey knit dress with shoulders made on tiny gold chain link. I went with a bold dangly earring for some added flash but skipped the necklace--the gold chain lin at the shoulders already had plenty of flash. Layering on too much jewelry Ladies, looks like a little girl that got into Mom's jewelry box. A bold shoe with a pop of orange and a gold buckle were enough to finish the evening version:


 All in all, this was a really fun experience! The husband and I went to the local brewery that just opened up here in Cool (which, if you get a chance, I am giving two very enthusiastic thumbs up--the atmosphere was relaxed but modern and the food was excellent--order the deep fired mac & cheese bites!! To DIE for!)
That's all for now from Planet Style friends, Fashionistas and StyleWise Guys!!


No comments:

Post a Comment